Thursday, February 6, 2014

NYFW

"Every year the women of New York leave the past behind and look forward to the future...this is known as fashion week."  Thank you, Carrie Bradshaw from Sex in the City. Designers, fashion bloggers, celebrities and fashionistas alike are all either en route to NY or already seated front and center as the shows commenced this morning.  I have been checking my Instagram feed far too often today to catch the latest glimpses of a world I would so love to be a part of, if only for a day.  From the fabulous clothes to the furs, jewels and overall vibe of the events, nothing would make me happier right now (okay, my husband finally finding a job would rate above a front row fashion week seat...I think) than to be in NY and to be part of the week's events. As unbelievable as it might sound, my love of fashion started when my grandpa, who was a professional photographer and who did some work for Conde Nast, the magazine publisher, put my very first copy of Glamour magazine in my hands at the ripe old age of 5 years old.  Bam, I was hooked by the glossy pages and the beautiful models, eclipsed only by the gorgeous designs they wore.  Little did my grandpa know that by handing me that magazine, he not only created a 'fashionista-wanna-be' but he helped to encourage a love of reading against which no childrens' books could possibly compete.

For those who know me well this is old news, but to my newer friends who see me daily in a long black down coat from November to May only to be replaced by my summer uniform of a skirt and a tank top, this might come as quite a surprise. The moral of this story is as old as time, however, never judge a book by its cover...or by a plain, long back coat as the case might be.  I may be all lacrosse mom on the outside, but on the inside, I am all over that Victoria Beckham dress and those Jimmy Choos.

Max Azria New York Fashion Week Fall 2014 Collection


1 comment:

  1. One day I'm determined to get to NYFW. I'm totally Posh Spice - at least when I'm not driving around my minivan. Ha!

    ReplyDelete