Wednesday, July 18, 2012

H-E-L-L-O

Okay, this is a good one.  Since our move here four long years ago we have had some unbelievably annoying things happen to us.  My purse was stolen not by just an unscrupulous teen, but by a 'criminal kingpin' as he was touted in a local newspaper.  As a result, I am now embroiled in over 2.5 years of legal mess, receiving subpoenas like clock work every three months for not one but two trials that never ever seem to get resolved in an actual courtroom.  My husband lost his job but out of respect for those who continue to read my blog, I will say nothing more about that debacle now.  There have been many other things that have happened but tonight's issue is a head scratcher.  We have been receiving what I had thought to be wrong number calls  for the past week or so.  Tonight, I got a call from Walgreen's asking to speak to someone who clearly does not live in our home.  When I told the pharmacist that the man she was asking for did not live here, she was shocked and stated that he had just left MY number as his contact number.  Okay.  Breathe.

So, what did I do? I immediately checked the internet to see if I could figure out what might be going on.  Of course, there this man and his wife were sitting pretty in my city with MY number listed as their own (yes, I realize this is not their fault but still).  I contacted our carrier who said he had not heard of anything like this happening in his entire career (I was not surprised at all because I hear that all the time when I tell someone some strange nutso thing that has happened to us.  I mean who gets let go 5 weeks after being hired, hmm.  Ever hear of that before?  I think  not).  Almost 45 minutes later and a 'technical work ticket' has been pulled for our problem, hopefully with a resolution in our favor in the near future.

In all honesty, you cannot make this stuff up.  I would write a book, you know,  but who the hell would believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment