Friday, July 6, 2012

Blank

Being such uber-readers of my blog you have to have started worrying about me by now, no?  I mean, after all, it has been a whole ten days without a post in sight.  Oh, sure, you have probably started thinking that perhaps my life has turned around and we are happily ensconced in our 'new normal' or perhaps traveling to some exotic location for a well-deserved and long overdue vacation.  Some of you might even be thinking that I have gotten just so busy with the hustle and bustle of summertime fun that I could not grab a spare moment to regal you with the details of my new found and exciting life.

Alas, the real reason for this ten day hiatus may indeed have something to do with the overbearing temperatures we have been enduring because I have a wicked case of 'writer's block.'  Perhaps more appropriate terminology might be that my brain is fried--literally.  I can't think.  Basically, 'I got nothing.'  I am going out on a limb here, but I am guessing that deep in the throes of the summer heat, no one cares if we are still unemployed (we are) or if I am still impossibly depressed (I am) but, if you are like me (don't get too scared, I don't think you can catch bad luck from reading a blog) you are looking for some way to cool off and lighten your mood.

I apologize for not being able to offer some light-hearted banter to distract you from the seemingly never-ending heat wave.  While my words fail me of late, however,  I will give you a visual of my thoughts right now (no, it is not a picture of my husband happily employed, so rest easy) and where I long to be...

I give you what I affectionately like to think of as 'my beach'--Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA

Stay cool...


No comments:

Post a Comment