Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cluttered

I honestly don't think my brain can hold anymore information.  Nope, I just checked and I cannot fit one more tidbit.  We are now officially in 'moving mode' and this is a dynamic that I am all too familiar with given our life circumstances these past few years.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about heading back 'home' but the steps required to attain that prize sometimes make me more than a little anxious.  Take today, for instance.  Our life here is certainly not suspended while we plan our move so, simultaneous to trying to find a short-term rental for my husband and secure dates in two states--it is a long thirteen hundred mile plus drive home--for our stay home next month, we are also doing school projects, getting my daughter's hair cut, checking out houses on the web, walking the dog, refereeing arguments about various and sundry things and making mental lists of all that needs to be transferred to paper before I forget it.  The realtor to call, the contractor's visit, a doctor's appointment and the mover are all on my list for this week.  Did I mention that I am also chairing an event at school next month?  Great idea to keep myself occupied while hubby was unemployed, now, not so much!

My brain is functioning like a factory--not a high-tech, fully-automated factory of the present but, instead, the overheated, smoke-spewing factory of old.  I know I am churning out plenty of products but I am certain there is a more efficient way of getting all these things accomplished.  I know. I will add 'streamlining my life' to my 'to do' list.  Now, if only I could find a spare moment to write that down, I would be golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment