Friday, March 23, 2012

Tantrum

I am certain that everyone has witnessed at least one full-blown tantrum in his or her life.  You know, a really good one with stomping feet, hands balled into fists, maybe even some wild threats and lots  and lots of tears.  I suppose by now you might think that I am going to segue into a story about one of my children but, alas, this tantrum is mine all mine!  I don't want my vacation to end.  That's right, folks, I will not leave the beach! No! You can't make me!

I know, I know, I need to buy a coping skill and act my age. Plus, I really want to get home to see my puppy who has been an angel since we left (and on whom I check constantly via webcam and phone--for the record, I am speaking with her trainer and not her).  Every dog that walks by makes me think about her and wonder what she might be doing and if she will remember me when we return.  I also want to return to some sort of schedule where dinner falls well before 8pm and the children's bedtime does not gravitate to sometime around 11pm.  I do not, however, want to deal with selling the house, coordinating that with the purchase of the next house, the packing, the stress (mine), the tears (my daughter's) and the two plus day long trek back here where I don't want to leave in the first place.

There are always choices to be made in life and tonight I am choosing to embrace my inner child and tantrum away because the waves are just so soothing and my life is just so frantic right now.

2 comments:

  1. I often envy kids. When my kids throw a tantrum, I can't help but think how lucky they are that this kind of behavior is acceptable at their age! (Well, moreso for the three-year-old....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the best way to get rid of a tantrum, for an adult of course, is to write a blog! I wish I could

    ReplyDelete