Friday, January 27, 2012

Showtime!

Last year, my son was the lighting manager in the MS play but this year he decided to try out for a part.  I was impressed as being on stage is way outside his comfort zone but he studied the lines, tried out and got the part he had wanted.  I love the fact that he challenges himself and does not make either fear or a good case of nerves rule his life. The cast and crew have been working diligently for over a month now making scenery and studying lines, all the while trying to get homework finished in any spare moment of downtime. Through many hours of rehearsal and a grueling final rehearsal week schedule,  my son has managed to maintain his grades, finish his homework and work on the play which is quite an accomplishment for a middle schooler, all without breakdowns--his or mine.

Tonight is showtime, so get out there, 'break a leg' and know how very proud of you I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment